ERASMUS+ is the European Union Programme for 2014-2020 to support projects, partnerships, events and mobility in the areas of education, training, youth and sport. The budget of the program is 14.7 billion euros.
Ukraine is one of the Erasmus + “Eastern Partnership countries”. It has the opportunity to participate in calls opened to all partner countries within the framework of the Program International Dimension.
Any action under Erasmus+ connected to the Higher education is open for Ukraine.
Main aims of the Program
The aim of Erasmus+ is to contribute to the Europe 2020 strategy for growth, jobs, social equity and inclusion, as well as the aims of ET2020, the EU’s strategic framework for education and training.
Erasmus+ also aims to promote the sustainable development of its partners in the field of higher education, and contribute to achieving the objectives of the EU Youth Strategy.
Specific issues tackled by the programme include:
- Reducing unemployment, especially among young people
- Promoting adult learning, especially for new skills and skills required by the labour market.
- Encouraging young people to take part in European democracy
- Supporting innovation, cooperationand reform
- Reducing early school leaving
- Promoting cooperation and mobility with the EU’s partner countries
The international higher education dimension of the ERASMUS+ programme includes:
КА1: Learning mobility
КА3: Support of policy reforms