The scientific activity of ONAFT is a recognized leader in the implementation of ready-made innovations.
High scientific potential of the Academy is supported by the work of 15 scientific schools:
- Theory and practice of physical and chemical and biotechnological modification of natural compounds and their complexes, raw materials and food products.
- Theory and practice of new food products technologies creation.
- Scientific bases and energy-saving technology of mixed fodder production.
- Modeling and optimal control of technological processes of storage and processing of agricultural raw materials.
- Development of new resource-saving technologies of bakery and confectionery products production.
- Theory and technology of primary processing of food raw materials, drying of plant raw materials and food products.
- Theory and machines of combined macro-, micro- and nanoscale transport processes in technological systems.
- Development of technologies of production and research of physical and chemical, technical and operating characteristics of new functional materials and coatings.
- Ensuring the operation and development of the economic security system of the state and business entities.
- Low temperature microcoolers.
- Cryogenic technology of liquefied gases production.
- Heat exchangers of cooling systems and condensing compartments of refrigerating units.
- Heat mass transfer equipment for power, refrigeration and cryogenic systems.
- Modeling and prediction of thermophysical properties of substances and materials. The study of thermophysical properties of materials and nano-fluids.
- Intelligent and information and analytical technology, integrated database systems in the field of information communications.
There is also a Coordination Centre of scientific publications which supports 9 scientific journals of ONAFT, indexed in more than 22 international databases.